Pages

background

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Turkeying around

(my spell check does not like the word "turkeying," but thats what we were doing!)
Yesterday Dad took me turkey hunting. We didn't get one, but we had a fun day. And I discovered that I definitely have a wild side. :)
First, we harassed "them turkeys" and then hung a tree stand.
The turkeys were not being cooperative. We tried stalking, driving, belly crawling, running, waiting and finally decided to hang the tree stand. I had the saw and got to cut down some trees. This is where I found my "wild side." It is really a lot of fun to see a tree fall in the woods.
And if a tree falls in the woods, and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound? 
I'm going with yes, it does.
I was pretty sore by the time we got home! Playing violin, my shoulder was sort of stiff. So I 'shook' it out and thought about how many funny things musicians do.  It's actually quite amusing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!