Pages

background

Friday, May 9, 2014

Summer!!

I am done with school!!
That is so nice to be done with. My  *ahem* "plans" for the summer are as follows:
In music category:
-learn at least one violin sonata
-shifting to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th position. (which I have done in scales, but now want to do in a song, or etude or something!)
-perfect vibrato exercises. (these are crazy, and enough to drive you nuts. As it sounds like a siren. *wheea wheea wheea wheea* But they must be useful in learning vibrato!)
-and just have fun on the violin. My brother wants to learn a song with me on violin and him on piano. So I'm going to find music for that.
-start a quartet, of sorts. except I really need to find a violist. This might end up being a trio, or duet. (and I need to find music for that too... ;)
-work more on piano. I have sorely neglected that since I really love violin!
-this is really random, but if any of you like music, you might find this site helpful for sheet music: imslp.org (this site is so awesome!)
Other than music:
-crochet a baby blanket
-do some sort of sewing project
-crochet two baby girl headbands for the new babies in our church that are going to be born soon!! (that means most every sunday I could hold a baby. :) :) :)
Reading:
This is where I need your help! Would you please give me a list of your favorite books?
I have a library in town that I can make use of.... ;) Just leave a comment with your favorite book name or favorite author.
Right now I'm reading the Anne books. (for like the 7th time) And listening to Stepping Heavenward.
And I want to read The Blythe's are Quoted. 

I also am probably going to get about 45 hours of supervised driving at some point. :) I have my drivers permit, and I have to get a lot of hours. Well, I don't really have to. I turn 16 in September, and then would be old enough to get my license. When I was talking to a friend on the phone, I told her that I got my drivers permit. She freaked out and said she was glad she doesn't live in my town. (thanks for the vote of confidence!!)

So that's somewhat a rough account of what I hope to do. :) Plus, hammocks and climbing trees will be added in. Don't worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!