Pages

background

Friday, May 2, 2014

"Pre" Concert

The day of the concert I ended up making a shirt. (Way to plan ahead, Emily!)
I knew what I was going to wear, so in the morning I got my shirt and skirt together, then realized that my skirt was so black, it made the shirt look blue. So, plan #2, I decided to wear my other black shirt, but realized I didn't have any nice black shirt to wear under it. :) 
So, I grabbed an old tank top, some black lace, and ribbons. (I always think of Amelia Bedelia, when 'lace and ribbons' are in the same sentence. Lace!! Ribbons!!)
So the entire time I'm doing this, I thought of all the applicable movie sayings...
*thinking: this isn't going to work. What are you going to do now?* "Probably something stupid. Then something crazy." -how to train your dragon. 
"inconceivable!" -princess bride

I also had Joshua Bell playing over the speakers, and that definitely helped the process along. :) 
Started with this...

.. in the middle of the project..
Finished! 

This actually worked out really good!
And I procrastinate. It must run in the family though, because my older sister finished her wedding dress 3 days before the wedding.  :) 

I had orchestra practice that afternoon, and when I got home, Mom told me "goodbye, and please get dinner ready." (she was taking a kid to trumpet lessons.)
Only minor concern of how we were gonna get all this stuff done, but it all came together with help of my younger siblings!
I had my hair down, which ended up being a big mistake, as it was soo hot in that room. I don't think the air conditioning or the fans were working... but more on that later.  
We ate dinner in about 10 minutes, I grabbed my violin and headed out the door!
Or at least, my older brother, his friend and I ate dinner and ran. The rest of the family finished eating in normal time. But I can't drive (yet!), so my brother took me! 

Concert post coning up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!