Pages

background

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Rilla of Ingleside

I found this awesome blog, where the writer made a dream cast of the book Rilla of Ingleside. She ranted about how the movies of when Anne is older aren't portrayed right. (Gilbert never goes to war. never ever people!!!)
Rilla of Ingleside is by far my favorite book in the Anne series. (if you have not read it, please please do!!)
This  is the link to "her" dream cast.
I do not like 'her' Rilla though, she looks to naughty. Rilla is supposed to be sweet and innocent, dreaming of her first dance. The picture of Ken won't show up, so I can't make an opinion of him...But he should be tall and handsome.
Obviously Anne and Gilbert played by Megan Follows and Jonathan Crombie. Like 'she' said "who else could play Anne and Gil like they did?" :)
Jem is awesome.
I don't like Walter though either. Walter is a poet and hates the idea of war, but that Walter looks..proud??? (spoiler: when Walter dies, it's the worst part of the book. Very sad)
Diana and Nan won't show up for me either, so I'll assume they are good.
Jerry and Faith are perfect!
Una is so sweet looking and has just the right look to be in love with Walter.
Mary and Myrandia are really good, but Whiskers on the Moon (aka Mr. Pryor) is totally weird. (i mean, he's that anyway, but the long beard doesn't fit him. in my opinion.)
Susan Baker just needs longer hair to be able to put in a bun or handkerchief. And I can totally see that actor chasing a man with a pot of boiling dye. (yeah, just go read the book)

This would be my choice for Rilla,  Julia Lipnitskaia.
Rilla is 15 when the book begins and a description of her is that she never walked, but danced.


Julia actually is 15 and figure skated in the 2014 Olympics. 
(and was amazing!)
(Yep, that's Rilla.) 
Other than that, I have no idea what other characters to choose! But Julia definitely is pretty and would make a great Rilla. 

I haven't seen the 3rd or 4th movie, but I don't think I want to, because I'll just be sad that they aren't like the books. (terrible habit, btw!) 

Well, this was fun to do, and completely random!

Tomorrow night is the orchestra concert! I'm so excited!
I'll be on here early next week (or sometime in a while) to tell you all about it! 
Love
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!