Pages

background

Friday, May 2, 2014

Concert

I got to the Academy, and we go through the songs real fast on stage. Then we hung out in the Art room until starting time!
We get up on stage, and Mrs. M talks about concert etiquette, and then our concert master walked out.

On one of these picture's I'll tell you who's who, but this one isn't real clear. 

Mrs. M came out, and we started with "A Knights Quest." 

I don't have very many close up pictures, so I can't really tell you who's who, but in this one from left to right:
Toni Marie, Abigail, Me, Samantha (Sam), Peter. 
(Peter is the concert master)

I laughed at this one, because most of us are looking up. Probably getting ready to start a song. 
The next song was theme from Star Wars. 

Me

Peter, Olivia

The whole group! 

Then some of us switched places, and it was just the upper school orchestra. 
I'll try to name people..
left to right: Toni Marie, Abigail, Michael, Will, Peter, Olivia, Mrs. M, Maddie (not sure on spelling), Noah.
The two people on cellos are Maddie, and Brooke.

Even though this is a bit blurry....Cece on the viola, Katherine on the cello, me on the violin, Taylor on the cello.

Olivia, Sam, me. 
(apparently I scowl while playing.. :) 

Yay! Here's one from the other direction!
Mrs. M, viola "helper" (I don't know her name) Cece on viola, Brooke, Maddie, Taylor and Katherine on cello. (and yes, if you have noticed, there are two girls name Maddie) 
I think I have now named everyone....
The two songs that we played in upper school were Arlington Sketches, and Tango Mysterioso. 
The Tango was my favorite song that we did. So much fun! 

Then the choir pieces, starting with the little kids choir.

*Before the concert even started, Mrs. M told Peter to reserve seats for me, Brooke, and himself. Because after the orchestra pieces were over, we could sit down and listen for the rest of the concert. So Peter laid some music out on the seats. I put a program down, yada yada. 
We finish orchestra, put our instruments away, then discovered that people had no respect for reserved seats, and they were taken. :) 
So we stood awkwardly in the door way, around the bleachers, or hung out in the art room.*
 Matthew had spotted us and took pictures of us. 
 Peter and his brother, Noah.


This is Kayla (on the violin) I don't think there were any pictures of her in orchestra, as she was in the back. But she was a huge help in orchestra. I got to sit by her for the upper school songs, and she helped me as well as the other kids. Another girl I know in the choir, Megan. She is in the second row to the right. 
 At this part in the concert, Mrs. M asked the piano player to play the melody for a choir song. (his name is Aaron, although there aren't any pictures of him) Aaron is a piano player and composer.. I think. So, after he had played the melody, Mrs. M said "Now play it in the style of Mozart." Aaron did it... perfectly like Mozart! 
Mrs M "Now like Debussy." And when he played it like Debussy, I laughed because it was spot on. :) 
He then played it in jazz and nightclub style. Both of which were awesome! 
 This so totally a Mrs. M pose! 
 Mrs. M is pregnant with her first baby! 
So she is resigning from music director. Which is sad, because she is awesome.

Brooke and I

We had no idea someone was taking a picture. :)  I don't even know what we were laughing at! 

Chamber choir was amazing, and they sang "In Christ Alone"...possibly my favorite "hymn."
(is In Christ Alone a hymn?)

 All the people. 

At the end, the school director or boss (or someone) came up to talk. He first gave Mrs. M a tissue. :) 
He asked her husband to come up, and gave them a card and gift.
The crowd gave her a standing ovation, and she definitely deserved it! 

These two will make great parents! 




 It was a music box! 


Then he prayed for the new M family, and thanked the Lord for blessing this school with Mrs. M! 


And the concert was concluded with popsicles and ice cream sandwiches. Both of which everyone thoroughly enjoyed!

If you have carried on a lengthy conversation with me in the past school year, I'm sure I've told you about orchestra. :) So know you can "see" all the awesome people I've told you about.
We still have orchestra practice until graduation, so this doesn't mean I'm done writing about orchestra... ;) Haha!

A huge thanks to my brother, Matthew, for taking all these pictures! 

Love
~Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!