Pages

background

Monday, April 14, 2014

Happy Endings

I recently watched Cinderella for the first time! *gasp* I've picked up a definite theme in fairy tales. (actually, I'm sure everyone has...) All the princes and princesses live happily ever after.
Yep. True story.
(at least, I'm pretty sure they all do, but, than again, I haven't seen all the disney princesses)
You probably won't ever see a movie where the princess is forever locked in her tower and keeps on talking to the mice or brushing her hair.
(And in Frozen, Tangled and Cinderella, all the princesses are at some point locked in a tower. Did you notice that?)  Anyway, I just found that entertaining. :)
The soundtrack from Frozen has some sweet orchestral music.

I am preparing for two performances! An orchestra concert and a violin recital. I'm really excited! And a bit nervous... ;)  The orchestra pieces are really cool! Ghosts of Brandenburg is my favorite!! It's a harder piece than I have previously played, but oh so much fun! It even goes into 7/8 timing. !!!  After orchestra I go around singing 1 and 2 and 3 and a 1 and 2 ...etc... It's a catchy rhythm, not even mentioning the tune!

Other than music... I got to babysit an adorable little girl a few days ago! She's definitely a Shirley Temple look alike!

I had a friend over for dinner last week, that was so much fun! Her name is Bailey, and she is awesome!
You should go read her blog: Bailey's Blog   Because it's awesome too!

I have really enjoyed these past 60 to 70 degree days, and now I hear it's supposed to snow tonight. (again???)

And now I shall give you the recipe for homemade waffles. These are amazing. And the batter smells like sugar cookies. I kid you not! Put lots of butter and syrup on these, and breakfast/lunch/dinner will be amazing! The batter is easy to make, which is also a plus!

2 cups of all purpose flour
3 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
Sift/stir all together

In desperate bowl, mix:
1 1/2 cups of milk
2 egg yolks    (note: be sure to save the egg whites, because you'll need them later.)
1 tablespoon of vanilla
Pour over dry ingredients and stir until halfway combined.

Pour in 1/2 cup of melted butter.
Mix gently.

Beat your egg whites until stiff. (this is the part when you use a hand mixer or hire your brother)
Fold the egg whites into batter.
Scoop into the waffle maker and let it cook until waffle maker beeps or however your waffle maker works. Just make sure they are done, and crispier is much better than not.
Serve hot and burn your tongue. I mean, try to avoid burning your tongue. yeah.

Recipe from The Pioneer Woman

Love ~ Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!