Pages

background

Monday, March 24, 2014

Happy Two Year Anniversary To..

My sister and brother-in-law!!!!
It seriously has not seemed like two years since my sister said "I do." It's been a long time, yet a very short time since the day of their wedding.
My sister, Megan, was the first kid "out of the nest."  I was 12 when Megan and Elijah met, and the mere thought of my sister being "courted" was so funny and awesome! I was very excited and happy for them, but for the first year she was gone, life was completely different and honestly, a little hard. I was happy and sad at the same time. I was "losing" my sister, friend and room partner! But to a man who would love her and take care of her for the rest of his life. My wonderful violin teacher might never know how happy I was to come to lessons for those semesters. :) Not just because I loved the music, but because she was kind, and a friend and let me just talk about what we did that week. Absolutely nothing important, but it meant a lot to me! Other friends I would text, skype or write letters to, Amanda, Anna, Susan, Allison. These special people let me cry on their shoulder, and gave me hugs and encouraged me to no end!  I love you girls!! And obviously, seeing my sister and visiting her home or her visiting mine, was so fun, and still is!   :)
The day of their wedding was gorgeous! It was March 24th, 2012. And Michigan had a crazy warm spell - just for their wedding, I guess! So the magnolia trees were all in bloom which you'll see if you watch the video below. We got to the church, and Megan had her hair professionally done, and the bridesmaids had a bunch of girls who volunteered to do our hair. I had three hair curlers in my hair at once, and you don't even want to know how much hair spray. We had a small lunch, cheese and crackers and the like. I don't remember eating much. ;)  The wedding started at two. Elijah and Megan did a "first look" beforehand, which was really smart and really cute! All the pictures were done beforehand, and it was so lovely out, and not to cold and not to warm! Than, all of sudden, they were married. I mean, they had a ceremony, of course. :) But it was all really fast. I remember that their first kiss lasted 12 seconds. She walked down the aisle to the song All of Me, by Jon Schmidt, one of the Piano Guys. Their reception was the funnest reception. The colors were lime green, black and white. So it was very bright and "happy." They had a whole candy table of gummie bears and skittles, I don't remember what else. Mom made a piece of homemade peanut butter fudge for all the guests as party favors. (There were probably 300+ people) I made lime green play dough for the kids. It was a lot of fun! A family friend brought homemade ice cream, there was a lot of brownies. The real cake was done by a friend, and it was really pretty! And they smashed cake in each others face. When they walked to their car, everyone blew bubbles! So that is my disjointed account of Megan and Elijah's wedding day!
Megan and Elijah, I love you!! Thanks for being awesome! Happy Anniversary!
(Follow the link below to see a short video clip of their wedding pictures, done by Diana Kleven. They are awesome! And the song that's played is amazing as well!)
http://vimeo.com/41036647


I love my sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!