Pages

background

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Happy Wednesday!

Hello all! I have been keeping busy and getting over a cold, so quite frankly, I haven't really wanted to write for a while. :) But, I have some pictures and stuff to write, so, I proceed.

My younger brother turned 11 last Friday. I remember when he was born....
Anyway, It was a fun day and we made cinnamon rolls and he opened presents. He got a trumpet from Dad and Mom, and he was (and still is) having a lot of fun playing. I'll be taking his birthday pictures as soon as the weather turns nice enough, so not yet, but soon you'll get to see him and his trumpet.
When I was cooking the cinnamon rolls, the "goop" spilled over the pan, on to the bottom of the oven. When I turned the oven on the next day, it smelled so bad! We had the windows open trying to air out the kitchen. It was disgusting. And the picture below is of all the smoke that was coming out of the oven.
gross.

Saturday it was around 45 degrees and the snow was finally melting!!
(this is when you figure out how much stuff has been left in the yard all winter)
 Hose handle, a rake, a container of bee repellent..... Haha! 
Hammock "hangers" that were left in the tree, all winter.
My sister's rubber boots. 
And then to make you all envious and hungry for chocolate, this was Joey's birthday cake. 
Chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, with Twix bars on top. 
yum
(And I said was, because it's all gone now.)
And now I shall ask a rhetorical question. If you had a cold and weren't feeling well, an afternoon with nothing to do, music material, and the need for a new book bag, what would you do?
Ta Da! 
 My new music book bag!
(hanging from the corner of our porch) 
 The top where the handles connect. 

I needed a new bag to carry my music books, as my old didn't have enough room for all my books, and the zipper was breaking at random times. 
The only thing bad about this bag, is I made the handles out of elastic. (That's why they have a "crinkled" look, which I wanted and intended that way) But when all my books are in, they sort of stretch. Not a lot, but enough so that the handles stretch. I probably should have used ribbon inside or something non-stretchy. Oh well. 

Speaking of the porch, (wait, was I?)  last August we spent a good amount of time scraping and painting our porch. Mom bought a special kind of paint that was supposed to last for 10 years. Well, it hasn't lasted 7 months. 
 I don't know why, but it has peeled and chipped off.
Dreams of not having to paint the porch for 10 years....crushed.


I started reading some new books yesterday by Tullian Tchividjian, Unfashionable and Jesus + nothing = everything. 
So far, they are really good and very encouraging! :)

Well, that's about all I've been up to. Plus playing violin, of course! And crocheting a baby blanket.
:)

Love
~Emily

(p.s. I just realized as I was deciding on a title, that so far, no one has told me "Happy Hump Day." This could be a miracle if, for one wednesday, no one in our house yells "hump day, yeah." Thanks Geico, for forever changing our Wednesdays!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!