Pages

background

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A brief and technical statement of the reformed faith

My brother, Daniel, found this and posted it on his blog. I read it and it's really good!
A Brief and Technical Statement of the Reformed Faith
These two points I especially like:
5. I believe, that, being fallen in Adam, my first father, I am; by nature a child of wrath,
under the condemnation of God and corrupted in body and soul, prone to evil and liable to
eternal death; from which dreadful state I cannot be delivered save through the unmerited
grace of God my Savior.

7. I believe that God has redeemed His people unto Himself through Jesus Christ our Lord;
who, though he was and ever continues to be the eternal Son of God, yet was born of a
woman, born under the law, that He might redeem then that are under the law:
I believe that He bore the penalty due to my sins in His own body on the tree, and fulfilled in
His own person the obedience I owe to the righteousness of God, and now presents me to His
Father as His purchased possession, to the praise of the glory of His grace forever:
wherefore renouncing all merit of my own, I put all my trust only in the blood and righteousness of Jesus Christ my Redeemer.
                                   And to Him, my Redeemer, with the Father, and the Holy Spirit, 
Three Persons, one God, be glory forever, world without end,
Amen and Amen!
(quoted from this)

(I'm going to make up a question to myself, because I sort of have an answer, and no one asks me questions on here anyway. By the way, go ahead people! pepper me with questions!)
"What 'faith' are you?
Because you posted a statement of the Reformed faith, you attend a Bible church, you listen to a Presbyterian preacher throughout the week, but you grew up in a Baptist church."
(first of all, I confess that I googled differences between Baptist and Reformed because I really didn't know!)
Yes, all those are true. I do listen to a Presbyterian (Tullian Tchividjian), go to a Bible church, grew up in the Baptist church, and posted a Reformed faith statement.
First, I don't agree with some things in the Presbyterian and Reformed faith.  (for example, lets say baby baptism. I believe that baptism is done after a confession of faith. and babies can not decide that, so I disagree with that.)
I will agree with statements that agree with the Bible. (example: quote above says "I am by nature a child of wrath...from which dreadful state I cannot be delivered, save through unmerited grace of God.")

So basically, I believe in the Bible. I am saved by God's grace through Jesus Christ.
What are your opinions?

P.S. People tell me not to make obstinate opinions on my blog because 1. I'm fifteen (I throw Jeremiah 1:6-7 at them!) and  2. In five years I'm not going to agree with myself anymore. So, I wasn't sure about posting all this, than I decided I don't usually agree with myself on a day to day basis, so whatever!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!