Pages

background

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Snakes

-Awkward moment when I walk up the stairs and ask my brothers if I should make homemade waffles for lunch, then realize that all three have earbuds in. (So I go and grab mine...Just kidding!) But I did turn on music (Joshua Bell!) since everyone else was otherwise occupied, and it is hard to make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies without music anyway.. just sayin.
-Even though it's not Christmas, this video is pretty sweet!
-I like this article.. even though it is really long. It's awesome! And relates to this video. ;)
-I got a straight hour of practice on the violin today. That was sweet. My brothers have piano lessons thursday afternoons, so I steal one of the practice rooms and I can play for a beautiful hour with no interruptions. Which is sometimes hard to do at my house, because my practice room is adjoining to the living room (where the piano is) and most of the time the piano is "running"/being played almost all the time.
Plus if I hear good conversations going on, I usually take break from practicing. So it's definitely good for me to self discipline myself and concentrate solely on my music. :)
*I interrupt to tell you a personal family moment: The younger kids are watching a Wild Kingdom episode, and apparently Jim was handling a snake. Mom was exclaiming how in the world do they not get bit? So Dad said "Here's how to train a snake: Talk to it and say "don't bite me snakey wakey." Make sure you call it snakey wakey"  (hence the title)

So, tomorrow is my brother's birthday, and I'm off to finish the cinnamon rolls. (a special birthday treat!)
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!