Pages

background

Sunday, October 12, 2014

I went on a trapeze. !!!!!!

Has it really been almost two weeks since I've posted? I guess I'd better finish up on documenting our vacation. So...
On Sunday (September 7th) we attended Brian Chappell's church. The sermon was very encouraging, and the singing was awesome! It was so different to not know anyone in church. :)  But pretty fun! 

Then we drove to St. Louis. Dad had told us that Daniel and I were going to do a special class Sunday afternoon. Dad and Mom both were dropping weird clues.... "make sure you don't fall..." We were very confused! Then we drove into an old train station that was transformed into a mall. The outside had a paddle boat place, and feed-the-goldfish place. AND, a trapeze place. 

Yep. We went on a trapeze! This class had an extra opening, so Matthew was able to join Daniel and I. It was so much fun! Here is a video of me: (oh, and this is after I had already been up a few times. :) Haha! 


This was with a company called "Circus Harmony." 


Here are some pictures Joey took: 


 So, I climbed up this extremely tall ladder to the platform. (don't worry, I am strapped in the whole time.) 

Then one of the trainers grabs the back of the belt (and you trust that they won't let go) and I let go of the pole, and grabbed the trapeze bar. This is seriously the scariest part. the bar pulls you out so far....




I fly down, put my knees on the bar, let go of my hands, hang on by my knees for a swing, grab the bar, let go of my knees. Then on one swing, I kick my legs three times real fast, let go of the bar, tuck my knees to my chest, do a flip in the air, and land in the net. 
( I was not able to do any of this my first time up. :) Haha! But it wasn't hard once I better understood how to do it. 
Once we finished doing the stuff on the bar.. we let go and do a flip into the net. 

The picture where I was reaching out with my hands, it was really preparing me to grab hands with this trainer. That "act" was the one in the video. 






WHEE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!