Pages

background

Friday, September 5, 2014

Makeup




I read this post on the blog "Lies Young Women Believe," what christian guys think about makeup.
It's a good post, and a great blog. 
This one was my favorite "take" on the subject:
“Inward beauty is much more important than outward beauty (1 Pet. 3:4). That being said, I like it when girls take care of themselves. I like it when girls use makeup to enhance their natural beauty. In my opinion, if a girl does her makeup right, I shouldn’t notice it. The makeup won’t be distracting. Ultimately, it’s not about the makeup. It’s about your heart. 
If your focus is first on pleasing Jesus, and then you want to wear makeup, then great, go wear makeup.”

Mmm, good point! Ever walked down the cosmetics aisle in Walmart? I personally think it's a little ridiculous. Now, I love to paint my nails, and I wear chap stick all the time (to prevent cold sores, mostly.) and I will wear lip gloss when I play in concerts. Or go to weddings, etc. But, I haven't worn makeup in the "shape" of face creams and powders. As one lady I knew put it: "Most girls wear makeup to cover up acne. But all that powder on your face will just make it worse." :) True!
Wear makeup if you want to, but you are beautiful anyway!
Love
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!