Pages

background

Friday, August 22, 2014

Hello!

This post has been sitting in my drafts too long. Time to finish it and actually post it. :)
Our family has started school, and geometry is much more fun than algebra. (I'm told that most people like one or the other) But school is fun and keeps me a little bit more busy. I think I'm going to learn spanish this year with my two brothers. We are excited to hopefully be able to talk to each other privately in front of everyone else. ;)
I am almost done babysitting, next week is my last week. (the boy goes back to school) And orchestra starts in 4 more days! And my private violin lessons in 1 1/2 weeks. It's going to be awesome to have stuff to practice, as I feel my violin progress has sort of halted over the summer. I'm so excited to see my teacher too! She's amazing!!
I've been reading: Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth Speare, is my latest book. (don't let the title scare you, it's actually very good. I think this is the 4th time I've read it  :) Also, poetry is one of my "new" subjects in school. ('literature' haha!) and a lot of people are either are in love, or die. There's a few heroes though, i guess. :)
Goodwill is so cool! :) I love shopping (cheaply) and almost all my clothes are from Goodwill. We went there a few days ago, and I found this awesome floor length black dress! It's from Stage Accents formal apparel.... and I got it for 5 dollars. :) (this would have easily cost $50+) It's in perfect condition, and I can't wait for a next concert.  :) :)

And back to the subject of violin.... I thought this was amazing! Playing violin during brain surgery????  Wow! (please do not watch if you get queasy about surgery. It's not very graphic, but "watch at your own risk." You've been forewarned!)

Concert violinist playing violin during brain surgery

Neat, huh?

What's keeping you busy? Any book suggestions for me?  :)


1 comment:

  1. Great books to read are This Present Darkness and Piercing The Darkness by Frank Peretti!! I read them both! SOO GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!