Pages

background

Monday, July 7, 2014

Snicker doodle da

-My little sister brushes my hair at night while I read her a book (we're doing the Grandma's Attic books right now) and a few nights ago she parted it exactly down the back of my neck. She then exclaimed quite happily "OOOH, right down the brain line!!" Than she fell over because she was laughing so hard!

-I got to see the play Les Miserables, twice! I went with my Mom first and it was soo good I went again! I asked two friends to come with me the second time. We had a great "girls night out!" We got a tour of the theater after and met a lot of the actors. = tons of fun! The acting was superb... the singing even more so! Bring Him Home is so sweet, I now have the sheet music to it, for violin. :)  I am now seeing a few of the actors around town. It's hilarious because I'll be walking around Walmart and randomly say to my brother "There's Jean Valjean."  He (my brother) is like "Huh????"

-I read the book 'The Princess Bride' It was good, but for the first time I think the movie is better than the book. :)

-Daniel and I walked in the 4th of July parade with friends, it was a gorgeous day! And I "stalked" down a girl who I've seen acting before. (not creepy at all!)

-We had a great 4th of July, and celebrated with nature walks, go carts, batting cages, fireworks, and lots of good food.

-We went to the zoo two weeks ago. That was really fun! My favorite part was the giraffes. They are so awesome!
 Me feeding the giraffe

Miss Giraffe is pleased to make your acquaintance. 

I've been making snickerdoodles today. They are so yummy, and so easy, I'll give you the recipe.

Snickerdoodles

1 cup Butter
1 1/2 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
Cream together
Add:
2 3/4 cup Flour
2 teaspoons Cream of Tarter
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Chill in the fridge for at least an hour. 
Roll into small balls, then roll in cinnamon sugar. 
1/2 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon

Bake at 350 until the top is cracking. About 8-9 minutes. 

Eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!