Pages

background

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Campfires

Our family had a marvelous week! We got to go to my sister's house on tuesday, stayed till thursday, than brought my sister back home with us until sunday. :) It was a really nice time! I drove Megan to town (i.e. Walmart and Kroger) We had a lovely sister date and got hot fudge malts and found walked to a cute store that had clothes on sale for 25 cents. (seriously! I got a white skirt, and a black winter coat for 50 cents. Both in super nice condition) Even though our younger brothers had strictly charged us to hurry up and come straight home, as they wanted to go swimming, we did hang out for a while. ;) On Friday night, campfires and sparklers were on the program. I had fun trying fix camera settings to capture sparklers.

 This is me and a sparkler. I don't know what I was trying to make but it looks like a sideways treble clef. 
 Trying to spell "Emily." ...Use your imagination
 Megan's heart
 From Megan to Elijah
 We didn't have enough lemonade mix or biscuits (see below) and since we're approximately 7 minutes away from Walmart, and I have my drivers permit, I got to drive my Grandpa to the store. (that was a run-on sentence. Was I trying to justify biscuits???)  
Grandpa is awesome and it was fun to spend some time with him...just Grandpa and I. 
 Rachel's flower
 Megan brought a package that was made to throw into the fire. 
It turns the flames different colors.
Mostly blue

These ones below were from a campfire last week.

 One of our family's favorite tradition with campfires is cooking biscuits over the fire. 
These are sooooo yummy! You find a perfect rod and mold a biscuit over the top. Slowly cook over the fire. Basically turning it constantly. Then *arrow pointing down to the next picture*
 The blue blue sky

 The best part of the biscuits: fill (yes, fill) with lots of butter and homemade strawberry jelly! 
  (This was 4th of July, and I decided to wear bright red nail polish. :) 
I don't usually paint my fingernails, but it was fun!)
Dad commented on how dirty my feet were.....um, yeah. 


~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!