Pages

background

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Violin

I love my violin! 



And the back of it might be my favorite part..it's so smooth and pretty.  

That's not my point. 
This morning our piano tuner guy stopped by. (He's been tuning our pianos for years, and has been about 80 years old for 10 years) 

Anyway...
Every time he comes he will have all of kids play a piece on the piano for him. And he's very entertaining and will tell jokes or stories the whole time he's tuning. (some of which are not funny!)
He heard I play the violin, so he wanted to hear me play. But I was gone last time he came. 

This morning I was eating my delicious strawberry-banana smoothie when the doorbell rang.. three times.  ;)
It was Mr. R. He had brought me some music! He told me that he didn't have time to stay and hear me play today, but he would be back soon. (With which I breathed a sigh of relief, because I didn't know what to play for him! I thought I would play the piece that I did for my recital, but I haven't played that one since the recital. Thankfully I practiced it again today, and I'm ready for whenever he decides to show up again!) 


This is old music! Which I really enjoy playing! 

Some pages were torn or handwritten

(sheesh, whoever wrote that was pretty good! You ought to see my attempts at handwriting music. Or wait, you shouldn't!) 

I don't know if you can see this or not, but a full orchestral score cost $1.50! (extra piano part .30 cents)
:) 

Some etude and technic books, which are fun! 

So, I was very excited to have these. Mr. R told me someone was about to throw them away, and I'm glad he rescued them for me! 

It's a lot of fun to use used music, as you can see previous markings and the like.

Anyone want to dance? 

(Largo just sounds like a dance.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!