Pages

background

Thursday, May 15, 2014

The house now has numeral holes...

This week we remolded the bathroom. Mom had ordered a shower that was all one piece. The only setback was that it didn't really fit in our house. :) 
We took down the doors and all the trim to two different rooms. So the shower would fit through the doorways. With a little coaxing. 
And then the people who we hired to do this came and ripped out the old shower. 

This was all the glue and "stuff' behind the shower

This is the shower unit in the bathroom, but the measurements of it diagonally were to big for the bathroom.
They spent quite a bit of time trying to turn it and make it fit. But all in vain. How can you make a 68 inch piece fit in a 60 inch place? And they tried to tell us that taking showers laying down was the new thing. 
After I heard of their new plan, I left. I was a little concerned. :) 
So when I came back, about 45 minutes later, They had done this:
They cut a hole into the garage. That way, they could fit the in shower through the garage while it was standing up. 
They told me that Dad's face when he saw that hole was priceless. Unfortunately I was exercising downstairs and missed it. 

They had to move the shoe shelf and empty the shoes out. (I guess for a 9 people living here, there's a lot of shoes...)

 And the house was a wreck. We all wanted to watch them work so nothing got done in terms of picking up. 

 The workers are friends of ours, and they were better than a comedy act. We laughed so hard all day at all the things they said and did.  i.e. sticking the saw on the other's leg while the other was trying to screw in a nail. 
(it was a saw made specifically for drywall, and like a doctors saw made for removing casts, it won't cut your skin.) 

 And they had to empty the cleaning supply closet to make another hole in that closet. 

 (hole in the closet)

There were random drawers and piles of stuff all over the living room. :)

I don't have any more pictures, but now the shower is all in, Mom is working really hard on mudding the drywall. (I tried that, but mudding must not be my thing..I'll wait till the the painting starts!) Mom likes doing it, and is really good too. 
We will start painting prolly early next week, and soon this will be done! 
Mixed into that, we are giving a baby shower on saturday, going to my grandparents on sunday after church. and doing laundry. 
And trust me, that is not a small feat. 

Love
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!