Pages

background

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fools!

This is celebrated like a major holiday around our house! (I give you fair warning, don't come over on April fools day)
Our family's top best April fools joke, that we did a few years ago, was this:
Back in the good old days when we had answering machines (you know, those big clunky machines that were very mysterious looking?) Yeah, well, someone would call and we made sure not to answer it. Because the message was "Hello?...HELLO?....I can't hear you.... Hello?...I guess you'll just have to leave a message." Then the machine would beep. :) It was a great prank! Only bad thing about it was that everyone who normally doesn't call us on a daily basis, called that day. The dentist office, the sweet old lady from church, and the piano tuner's wife (who has been 80 for 80 years.) We laughed so hard but at the same time felt bad because these people were totally thrown off by our pretending to answer the phone, on the machine. ;)

Today has been the usual pranks. Daniel changed the mouse pointer on the computers and made the right click the left, and the left, the right. (does that make sense?) This was what the mouse looked like:
That little circle is the mouse, and it literally looked like your page was loading. and loading. and loading. 
(There were math problems because that was what I was working on at the time.)

I taped two fake birds (they are salt and pepper shakers in the shape of birds) outside near my brothers bird trap. He fell for it and almost pulled the rope to catch them when he realized that they were actually salt and pepper shakers. 

The younger boys put tape everywhere (with the idea of us stepping on it) and applied toothpaste to the toilets and handles of all sinks, and light switches. 
Basically, the way to get them back is when you come out of the bathroom and they excitedly ask "Did anything happen to you?" Reply "no" and look puzzled as to why anything would happen in the first place.
(yeah, I have that trick down. as I really did get my hand in the toothpaste, but I just acted "nonchalant.")
And they taped the sprayer so when someone turned on the water it would spray 'em. I don't think they caught anyone though! 

I don't remember where we heard this joke, but it's a good one! 
Take an empty mayonnaise jar and wash it real good. (be careful the paper label doesn't come off!) 
Then, make some vanilla pudding and fill the mayo bottle. 
(has a slightly yellow color but, it'll work!!)

Their version of it was to walk around stores with a spoon eating "mayo."
I decided to give it to my violin teacher as an April fools joke. 
I will sometimes bring cookies or something to her, so mayo was definitely a different food. 
I gave her the bottle and said "I brought you some mayonnaise!!"
She looked slightly puzzled but said "thank you!...."
Lol! She is so sweet, she probably wouldn't care if I did give her mayonnaise! However, I couldn't keep a straight face very long, and I burst out laughing and told her it was an April fools joke, that it was actually vanilla pudding inside! She laughed than said she forgot it was April 1st. 
:) I was glad I got to try out the joke, even though I'm the worst at keeping straight faces!

When I got my violin, the case we bought had a lock and key and I seriously never thought I'd use it! But, I decided that someone might think it a good idea to mess with my violin, so I locked the case and am wearing the key around my neck. (on a necklace.) 
;) 

My Mom pulled into the bank drive through to cash a check and nonchalantly asked if she could have it cashed in pennies. The bank teller was puzzled and said "Wait, what?"
Then Mom said "just kidding! April fools!" 

Mom went to dinner tonight with a friend, came home with a pan and told the kids "We made you some brownies!!" They opened the pan to see brown construction paper cut into E's. 
"Look! Their BROWN EEEE's!"


This is so funny!!!
I seriously wish we had orchestra practice today, because I definitely would have donated my old violin to the cause. (don't worry, my old violin was a cheap student one.)
Can you imagine how funny it would be to do this?
(although I don't particularly like the idea of smashing a violin. If you were a director, it would probably make everyone listen to you when you tell them to be quiet.) 
(p.s. this is totally staged, the kid was in on the joke too.) 


What are some of your favorite jokes to play? Or what got played on you today? 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!