Pages

background

Friday, March 7, 2014

Yesterday

So, I told you I would write more today, about yesterday. ;) And yesterday was really cool! And lots of fun! First, in the morning I made a smoothie with frozen strawberry's, blueberries, and a fresh banana - my favorite combination! As I said earlier, I went to orchestra practice and then at night I went to an orchestra concert! (My teacher played a solo - it was incredible!!) More on that later. For now, it is exciting that the birds are coming back, and it was 42 degrees today. I even sat outside on my great grandma's swing and made phone calls.





I don't even know what kind of bird this is, but he (?? or she??) is awfully pretty! 

I found these brown flats at Goodwill, and instantly liked them! 

 (Awkward pink polka dot in the background)
 I had fun with the sun coming in through the window, as you will see. 
See? This is my curling iron, hair spray, a mirror and hair brush. With the sun. 

Hi! 
My bed and crazy fun walls. (My entire room is painted pink, purple and lime green. Flowers, polka dots and stripes. It's awesome and definitely bright.)
 This is my favorite blanket! Seriously, it pink and brown, polka dots and owls, and fuzzy as well. 
Don't they look completely innocent? 
 This is my new school resource. Some friends of mine loaned me some books on nursing, and they are very interesting! And big..
 (this is three books, I believe) 
And I have started. See my bookmark? Approximately 3/600th of the way to the end!  :) 

 My cluttered nightstand/bookshelf. With my journals and the books I've been reading in the past month.
 Joshua Bell Cd's! Hungarian Dance is currently my favorite song to play. 

 I am in the process of memorizing Philippians. It's taking a while, and it's hard to keep diligent on it, but it is a great book!
*Did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made Himself nothing, taking the form of a servant. Philippians 2:6-7*
Thankful for Jesus! 

 Rainbows made by a prism. If you want to read something really confusing, go read the science of prisms. 
This is my favorite necklace! It's a pink camera!  (Thank you, Sister!) 
 So I had some fun trying to take pictures of it. 


(I feel like reading the little kids book about Spot. 
*Spot looks at the Sun. Sun!*) 
Even though that has nothing to do with necklaces...

Now for the concert, I was so excited all day because I was texting a friend, and she mentioned that she was on the waiting list for a ticket. I had some extra ones because some of the boys decided to stay home and watch the MSU game (???) 
So we arrive at the music building and first thing my little brother, Joey, slips on the ice and falls hard on his knee. So Mom told me to go in with the other two and she would either take Joey home or call Dad and have him come pick him up. So I go in and get the tickets, meanwhile sort of worrying about Joe. My friend arrives and I told her what happened and why they weren't in yet. She asked me if that was why there was an ambulance out there. Then she said she was just kidding. I don't remember my response, but apparently it must have been anxious/funny because it was my little sister's favorite story to tell when we got home of how Bailey tricked me.  :) Haha! 
So then my Dad is calling me and asking why Mom is calling him. I said I have no idea what is going on, and neither of us could reach Mom. I obviously didn't have any cell reception in the auditorium, so Bailey was a wonderful help while I ran around trying to find a place where I could at least get 3 lines of "reception."  :) 
Meanwhile, Joey was playing the racing game on Mom's phone (much to the envy of the rest of the kids). Daniel drove there and picked up Joe. Mom came in to the concert, and we had an hour and a half of listening to lovely music!
(Thankfully, Joey just bruised his knee, and is currently playing basketball in the basement)
The music was simply gorgeous! As said before, my teacher had a solo. She played a piece by Mozart - yes!  I always like analyzing the entire orchestra and watching the players. It's a lot of fun! 

Have a great weekend! 
~Emily






No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!