Pages

background

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Bomber and the art of raking snow

Driving a fifteen passenger van can be adventurous when you just got 6 inches of snow (on top of ice) the night before. Mom and the younger kids headed off to Walmart and I finished school, exercised, and then proceeded to practice violin. I got a solid forty minutes of practice before Mom texted me "Come outside and help push." 
That couldn't be a good sign...
The van (aka the Bomber. Yes, we name our vehicles) was stuck. Really stuck.
We spent an hour and a half pushing the van. And arranging pieces of carpet underneath the tires. To say the least..well that's no fun, never mind. Some suggested we use Texas (our one ton pickup truck) to come behind the Bomber and push it up the driveway. I forgot to tell you, our driveway is all uphill. 
We salted, and pushed from the back, and arranged carpets, and pushed, and salted, and spun tires (that was the fun part!) and finally got the van back into the garage. 
We emptied the groceries, and started getting unbundled.  
Then...
Daniel said "Where's my phone?!?"
great. 
Mom, Daniel and I went back outside. We kicked snow, shoveled snow, them Mom suggested we use a rake. 
Raking snow is a long lost past time. In fact, I had never even remotely thought about the idea! 
But it was kind of fun!
In the end, the phone was found with no damage, except perhaps for a bit of condensation. And a great two hours spent on problem solving. 
Lesson learned: ... .... ..... um, fifteen passenger vans weren't made for snow. :) 

P.S. I have learned that I like to use italics. I feel like Rilla. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!