Pages

background

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

In pursuit of the Red Tailed Hawk

Sunday afternoon, we were sitting around the table, drinking hot chocolate after just coming in from a hour of sledding. Daniel commented about the red tailed hawk sitting in the tree out back. I tried to take a picture out the window.
Can you see it? It was pretty far away, and it was really hard to focus.
I decided to go be crazy. 
So, on went my coat. I forewent snow pants since they were already wet from sledding.
Pulled on my knee high rubber boots and thought "the snow was is only knee deep anyway"
Ha.   Ha.    Ha. 
I went out and as soon as I got to the weeds, the snow was higher than my knee. :)
But I stalked through snow, and got decently close. Dad said it was because the hawk knew I didn't have a gun in my hands. ;) 
 These aren't perfectly focused, partly because I was kind of panting from walking through knee deep snow, and partly because I had my big lens on. Which is heavy and even breathing can mess up the focus. 
Don't breathe...don't breathe 






And, five hours after that, the Seahawk's won the super bowl. Seriously??
It must have been a curse.  ;) 


And when I came inside, my jeans were soaked. And very heavy. ;)
(And see my fuzzy socks? They are essential!!)
Have a great day!
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!