Pages

background

Monday, November 21, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving and no, I didn't mention Christmas...

Wow girls, we've hit over 5,000 page views. That is crazy! I can't believe you all have kept checking this blog. :) This school semester has been just amazing. But still a little busy. (although, there has been time to introduce my younger brother to "Hogan's Heroes," so I guess it hasn't been that busy...) I'm taking an English class at a local community college (first class towards being a nurse!) It has gone really well and has definitely been interesting being in a classroom setting. I was telling my brother today about how many people just skip class... I mean come on, they're adults now. But I have enjoyed the writing part. So far I have written a paper on my career choice, and one about my teacher, LaRae. I loved writing the one on LaRae... it was super fun! Now I'm working on a research paper and I'm looking at how classical music benefits children. Not the most exciting topic ever, but it is interesting.
I'm also playing violin with the college orchestra again this year. This is such an amazing experience and I'm so thankful to be able to play with them. I'm tentatively working towards a senior violin recital, so I've had lots of music to practice. :) In my music room, I hung up some white and blue lights and put butterflies on them. It is cute and different - we've had the same decorations in there since like... 2008. When I practice at night (which happens more since it gets dark at 6!) it is fun to have just the Christmas lights on.
There are a few families who I babysit for every once in a while. Friday night I was at a house and it was storming. I had located candles and matches in case the power went out, but I didn't really expect it to. Well, it did. For about 10 seconds I have to talk real calm while locating my phone, "Ok, let me find my phone and we'll light some candles! Isn't this a fun adventure?!" Thankfully my little kids were super chill, and once the candles were lit we just kept playing with Mac and Lightning McQueen. The power was only out for like 10 minutes and we had a great story to tell Mom and Dad. :)
I hope you all have a lovely Thanksgiving!! <3
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!