Pages

background

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Lassie

I got an email from Khan Academy. (a site on which I've done a lot of algebra on. :) The title of the email was "What makes Beethoven's 5th Symphony so amazing?"
I began to think "Because he's Beethoven, and he wrote a ton of amazing stuff." :) I don't think that's quite what they were thinking of though!

I'm taking a music conducting class through Coursera.org (which is another great learning site!) I am loving it! The teacher is very funny, without trying to be. It's a course I love learning about! (music!)  I've never really thought about conducting ensembles before, but I've learned so much even just about how to follow the conductors lead. And how to start songs and pieces. Which I guess could be helpful, since this week I'm starting a duet with a friend. (I was hoping for a quartet, but turned into a duet. Haha!)

My Dad took us all to a Tigers game. That was a ton of fun, and pictures to come! I have so many pictures to go through, it's not funny. 300 is a charitable guess. Although some, I'm sure, will be deleted.

I showed my younger siblings the movie Lassie. The 2005 version. It is incredibly well done. Honestly, I wasn't expecting a movie about a dog to be great, but the producers and actors did a phenomenal job. And, the music was super! So good, I'll put some clips of two songs on here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!