Pages

background

Saturday, April 26, 2014

//// no title comes to mind ////

Just a quick little note! I prolly should get on here and actually write something. :) But right now I'm finishing up school, getting ready for a concert and recital coming up. Which I'm so so so excited about! The orchestra concert is going to be awesome, even though we had to "scratch" the Ghost's of Brandenburg song. Which was really sad, but, we're going to play it for graduation. So, we'll still get to perform it!
I'm playing Sietz concerto in G major for my recital. I've been working on it for approximately 6 weeks. It's such a fun song, and I'm excited to perform it. Even though I'm usually very nervous at recitals. :) 
I found a dress in my great Grandma's closet that I'm going to wear. (for the recital) The dress is probably at least 50 years old. It's pink. And that's all I'm gonna tell you. :) But I'll post some pictures on here later. My Great Grandma is 94 and still works at a school as a teachers aid. I asked her if I could wear her dress and she said "of course!" I tried it on for her and she said "Here, try on this coat too. Oh, I have a red skirt you could borrow too. Or what about this black dress?"   She tried to empty her closet on me!! :)

I'm listening to Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss  while I crochet baby blankets. I'm almost done with the girly one, and soon I'll be starting the boy one! I highly recommend that book to any teenage girl.

A few funny sayings from the past couple of days:

At the hardware store with a broken doorknob, which we were trying to replace. Mom asked "How does that work?"  The hardware store "guy" or "helper" (what are they called??) replied "Well, this one doesn't."

In the car with Robbie and Lydia. Robbie asked Lydia "Are you cold?"
Lydia replied "I'm just the right height!! I have my jacket on!"

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, write a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!